Victorious Insights For Living: Power of Written Goals

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Power of Written Goals

“In my practice as a psychiatrist, I have found that helping people develop personal goals has proved to be the most effective way to help them to cope with problems.”

- Ari Kiev, MD, author of “A Strategy for Daily Living.”

This is a neat link about the power of written goals:

http://www.thinkarete.com/wisdom/works/notes/1434/

The thinkarete.com sight is also pretty cool. I've always enjoyed philosophical-type people, with a bent toward action. I read a book recently by John C. Maxwell called "Thinking For A Change". He said "Think like a man of action" and "act like a man of thought". In other words, "think it through and then follow through." I thought that was great advice. Be a "thinking man's action hero". And that applies to both men and women.

Writing Goals: A Big Key To Sucess
Writing your goals down is a huge key to success. Writing your goals downs helps to clarify and develop your vision, as well as unleash commitment. It also helps to keep you focused on the path you have CHOSEN.

The word CHOSEN is a big word, because to many people spend there lives "reacting" rather then being pro-active. Ultimately, the path to living a life of destiny, if you will, is to live an "intentional" pro-active life based on your choices. When you begin to establish goals, it forces you to think out what you want in life. When you begin to determine "what you want" for your life and the person you truly want to become and then begin taking steps in that direction, things begin to happen. You're life begins to have a "life of it's own" and the manifestation of the dream has the potential to be bigger then the dream itself.

Becoming A Person Of Fulfilled Destiny
If you don't have established goals for your life (and established plans), you could end up living out somebody else's goals, as nothing happens in a vacuum. There is nothing wrong with helping other to achieve there goals, but you need to also establish your own goals and be determined to fulfill your God-given destiny and live your dreams.

When you begin to put down your dreams on paper and then develop plans, you have taken a huge step in the direction of being a person of fulfilled destiny and vision.

A Few Ideas
Here are a few areas you can establish goals this coming year:

1) Spiritual
2) Family
3) Health
4) Relationship
5) Academic
6) Career/Business
7) Financial
8) Investing
9) Fun & Recreational


Some examples of goals could be as wide and varied as:

* taking a continuing education course
* set up a savings account or a retirement account
* learning a new computer application
* buying some land or real estate
* be debt-free
* lose 10 pounds
* keeping in a greater contact with family
* turning a hobby into a side-business
* spending more time in prayer
* listen to leadership tapes
* take a trip to Hawaii
* read a chapter a day in the bible
* etc....


There More You Put Into It, The More You Get Out Of It
Whether your goals are big or small, the key is to start. As it says in the scriptures: “With the measure you use, it will be measured to you–and even more." (Mark 4) Another way of putting it, is the more you put into something, the more you'll get out of it...and more will be added to you. That's a picture of the exponential curve. You'll find as you're faithful to but your vision down on paper and start moving in the direction of your dreams, more will be added to you and a wonderful thing called "momentum" will kick into operation. Like the development of a muscle, your vision and goals will expand and increase over time and you're life will have greater focus and impact.

God bless you as you pursue your God-given dreams and vision. You are the best...

9 Comments:

At 10:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear mmcneil,

I perused your post (this post) with much interest as I was looking for ways to buy and sell instant road repair. Unfortunately your article was not exactly what I was looking for
instant road repair. But luckily there is a site I have found that allows you to buy and sell anything like instant road repair on interest free credit and you can pay for your instant road repair whenever you want. Here's the link one more time: instant road repair.

 
At 9:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to say I really liked your site mmcneil. see the thing is that I'm very lazy and I never really felt to leave some thank you notes on anyone's blog even I enjoyed it. but today I don't even know why I'm writing this because your site is not even what I was looking for. I was searching for e-currency profits and this post is not a perfect match for it. but I guess sometimes people do things for no reason. maybe I just felt it is time for a change since I hardly post on anyone's site. anyway, thanks for the reading!

 
At 11:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to say I really liked your site mmcneil. see the thing is that I'm very lazy and I never really felt to leave some thank you notes on anyone's blog even I enjoyed it. but today I don't even know why I'm writing this because your site is not even what I was looking for. I was searching for webmasterworld and this post is not a perfect match for it. but I guess sometimes people do things for no reason. maybe I just felt it is time for a change since I hardly post on anyone's site. anyway, thanks for the reading!

 
At 9:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi mmcneil, well you know we humans always start doing things on one topic and later found ourselves doing something else, this is always what happened to me. I started looking for something on how to make money 2 hours ago however have found my seself looking at all different topics, of course including your site this post. I thought what the hell since I'm here already might as well just leave a few words. Ok I'll go on to search for how to make money related stuff again and hopefully it'll take me longer than last time to lose my concentration. cheers!

 
At 8:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there mmcneil, I am just out surfing and seaching for some information about how make money and found your place, Although this post is not quite what I'm looking for but I still decided to have a closer look at your site bacause it got my attention, it's just one of those start on one thing and end up on another, you know. I can see why I end up at your page while I was looking for how make money related topics, and I'm happy that I did not skip it even this is not a perfect match. thanks! .

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger mmcneil said...

Thank you all for your great comments. Certain things seem accidental but are not. Sometimes our 'tangents are on target'. :) Thank you again for your wonderful comments and I wish you all a happy thanksgiving.

 
At 6:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi mmcneil, the content on your blog is quite interesting to me, although it is not quite what I was looking for. I was out searching for stuff on e-currency profits but I have gone through so many different sites that are not relate to the topic I was looking for, I did not feel like to post on any of them until now, I thought it's nice to leave something although this post is not exactly e-currency profits related because I still kind of enjoyed it. thanks!

 
At 3:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, can I call you mmcneil? I guess it's kind of special that I'm posting here because I'm still pretty new to blog and don't really know how to blog surfing yet. I was out search for some infor about e-currency but haven't had much luck so far, and since everyone calls blog "web 2.0", many have said that this is the next generation of internet, so I decided to try look for things in blog.com. and guess what? I still haven't had much luck, but your site got my attention although this post is not a perfect much to e-currency. anyway, I think I'll keep going and try to understand a bit more about blogs. thanks for the reading, cheers!

 
At 4:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi mmcneil, well you know we humans always start doing things on one topic and later found ourselves doing something else, this is always what happened to me. I started looking for something on how to make money 2 hours ago however have found my seself looking at all different topics, of course including your site this post. I thought what the hell since I'm here already might as well just leave a few words. Ok I'll go on to search for how to make money related stuff again and hopefully it'll take me longer than last time to lose my concentration. cheers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home